This week we are all thinking of things to make with puff pastry in our facebook group “Cooking with Thermomix®”, and I have tried a fish recipe. My first option was to cook it with spinach and mascarpone, scalding these and then mashing with the cheese in the Thermomix -5 seconds in speed 5-, but in the end, knowing that Amara was in love with this recipe that in turn happened to her a great friend of his on a napkin, to do experiments: DA try the “Salmon in croute, with tapenade and tomato”. Great! I put photo of the cut and the Step by Step so you can see how simple it is to prepare this great dish.
I love the idea of presenting it at special lunches or dinners. I really like the idea of preparing the puff pastry with individual portions or in a larger version for all diners. A little while ago I went to the Barceló market to buy salmon tenderloin without bones or skin, in the end I put in the bag 2 pieces, I was going to cook it separately but I changed my mind ... on Sunday I will prepare it in individual portions :) With 300 or 400 gr for two people you will have more than enough, today I have prepared the double and there is only a little left, and both cold and hot it is delicious ... so if you have enough, keep it in the fridge, it is always great to have leftovers For when there is hunger.
So you can see how easy it is to prepare this Salmon in croute, I have taken step-by-step photos ... In the recipe I leave everything you have to prepare, including the recipe for homemade tapenade. Look how easy:
We have sucked our fingers one by one. As you see is Very simple and you can do it in a thousand ways: use as a base caramelized onion or simply a rich pochadita onion, with a base of fried tomato, with rice base as in this recipe from Kulibiak Salmon which is a Norwegian salmon pie, with vegetables, mushrooms, etc ... Whatever you do it will be great and 20 minute oven They are perfect so that the salmon is juicy and in its point and the puff pastry is browned and totally appetizing.
It only remains that you go through the fish marketSurely your fishmonger is glad to see you.
I hope you enjoy it and surprise someone these days.
- For the salmon in croute:
- 1 salmon loin without skin or bones (for about 300-400 gr), mine weighed 750 gr.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Homemade Tapenade
- Fresh basil, a few twigs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Grated Mozzarella in quantity to taste
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg to brush the puff pastry
- For the homemade tapenade:
- 300 g boneless black olives, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 10 g capers or 2 teaspoons
- 1 stream of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 50 g of extra virgin olive oil
- Start preparing the tapenade: put all the ingredients of the tapenade in the glass except for the oil and crush 20 seconds in speed 5-6. Lower what is left on the walls with the help of the spatula and if there are large pieces, crush again.
- Weigh the oil and leave it in a glass. Put it Thermomix® at speed 4, no time Y with the beaker on, add the oil so that it falls slowly as if you were doing a mayonnaise. Withdraw and reserve.
- For the salmon in croute: Dry the salmon with paper towels., remember to be skinless and without spines, pepper it to taste.
- Put the salmon on a sheet of leaflet, brush the top with tapenade homemade place over fresh basil leaves, the sliced tomato and cheese Y cover with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Seal all the edges of the puff pastry and decorate to taste, I like to make some light cuts with a knife to cut the potatoes and I always do some drawing with the leftover puff pastry. Brush everything with beaten egg. Bake in the preheated oven to 200ºC with heat up and down during 20 minutes. It will be perfect for you. To enjoy.