This weekend has been one of the most emotional and intense this summer. We have been in the heart of La Mancha, in"Mota del Cuervo"That these days celebrates their holidays. Mota was for many years one of the centers of Manchega pottery, wisdom of the trade of singers and singers who went from grandparents to grandchildren and now try to recover again. And it is that plastic will be very practical but the secrets and beauty of mud are pure art.
Tell the story that was the Virgin of the Valley the one that taught the moteños to work it. Now they are the ones who, every year, walk her and San Agustin (patrons of the Barrio de las Canterías) in a suffocating procession to the race from the hermitage to the town. A race for you to prepare beforehand dipping cake with chocolate.
In a few days I will post a traditional recipe that I brought from there and what we did together with María Teresa, the mother of my friend Leo, who this year has been to blame for depleting stocks of Kleenex from the area with a proclamation dotted with memories and that pride of La Mancha that makes him an ambassador for the area better than Pedro Almodóvar himself. If you do not know the place, I recommend it ... They have recovered traditional mills and on Sundays they make a small demonstration. Also very close is El Toboso and the Belmonte Castle, which is worth visiting.
... And now, the recipe I have prepared for today and that is a little lighter than the good cuisine of La Mancha. Chicken and ricotta salad.
- 150 gr of Corn Flakes
- 1 plain yogurt
- Scraping 1 lime and 1 lemon
- Pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- Mixed salad in quantity to taste
- 100 gr of cherry tomatoes
- Ricotta cheese cut into cubes
- 40 gr of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 gr of Modena balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 20 gr of honey
- Put in the glass the Cornflakes and cut them 4 seconds in speed 5. Remove and reserve.
- Put the yogurt, lime and lemon scrape, pepper and mixture in the glass 5 seconds in speed 5. Go to a fountain along with the chicken strips and let them macerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180º, heat up and down. Line the tray with baking paper. Breaded the chicken breast strips in the Corn Flakes and bake at 180º, about 30 minutes. Let it cool. Assemble the dish by placing the salad to taste, the baked chicken strips, the cherrys cut in half and the diced ricotta.
- Prepare the vinaigrette introducing all the ingredients in the glass and mixing 10 seconds in speed 5.